Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Powered

  (May 11)

Do you know what it means to be fully in your power? Do you know what it means to be in your power at all? I think most of us have no idea. Yet power is part of the equation, part of our Isness, our essence, our reality when we connect to our Truth. Perhaps that's why it's so painful when we refuse to stand in that light, when we continue to play out our dramas, and act out our victimhoods.

I know a thing or two about power, or more so the lack of it. I was abused as a child and though that's not my base-my storyline, or the one I choose to operate by on a regular basis, it affects who I am still, in more ways than I'd like, and it's threaded through my reality and my sense of who I am to some degree, even at this stage of my game, and more so than I would like it to be.
My sense of power was ripped right out from under me at a very young age and though I've grown and healed on many levels and have found my peace with what is and what has been, I see how still my method of operation doesn't match up to the wisdom I've gathered and the spirit I embody, and that discrepancy gets harder and harder to step over as I make my way along my path.

I know each of us have stories and sagas that are intertwined with the great web of why we came to be, and I know that there is strength in surpassing the limits that are set in place when stories paint illusions on our hearts and tell us that we are less, that we will never be more, that we are not who we know ourselves to be, and that there's nothing we can do about it. And I certainly appreciate the gift of adversity for what it teaches us when we dare to find the silver lining and believe that the hole that we've found ourselves in, once again, is, in a bigger sense than we know, the greatest thing that ever happened to us. I believe in all of that, I really do. But knowing what you know and feeling what you feel and somehow bridging that into a way of being that eclipses the lesson and the language of the soul is not quite as easy as it may seem, even when your lively hood is writing about it.

So what do you do to step over, rise higher, become more, in those moments that require you to BE bigger and better and brighter than you even knew yourself to be? What do you do to embrace that ball of power within your belly, just waiting for you to grab on and run full throttle towards your dreams? How do you learn to stand up for yourself when your knee-jerk reaction is to run and hide? How do you become what you know you need to be when you were never taught to be that in the first place?

Is moving put of the place in life that's become too uncomfortable to remain in comparative to the abused wife that needs to garner her strength before she is ready to leave? Is asking yourself to speak your truth when you've spent a lifetime of zipping your mouth and keeping family secrets the same as expecting a three year old to read and write? Is moving slowly in the direction of your intention of inching toward your Truth, forward in your power, enough?

What does it take to come into ones power and align with their truth? Is it love? Is it surrender? Is it compassion for self? Ironically these would all seem like the opposite of power, or the power many of us have understood to be power growing up. I'm beginning to believe that there is much power to be found in humbleness, and in non-attachment to being right, and in quiet knowing. There is incredible power in Love, no doubt, and in allowing, and in trusting that we are taken care of. And all of that is something to hang on to for sure along the way as we reach for more within ourselves, as we strive to become free from the constraints of the illusions and ways of being that never did serve us. And maybe there's power even, in admitting that we are human, and fallible, and just trying to figure it out as we go. But isn't there a balm for that betrayal of self that begins to burn hot when once more we've denied ourselves the light or the love or the whatever it is that we really want or need, simply (and not so simply at all) because we just can't seem to find our way into our own divine power? Then again, if it weren't painful, would we grow?

Looking for your thoughts on power, as we bumble along on the path, hand in hand, soul in soul, one together, finding our way.

Shalom,
Rhonda
Awakeningthedivine.net

. Copyright © 2009-12. Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this transmission on the condition that the content remains complete and in tact, full credit is given to the author(s), and that it is distributed freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment